Your Morning Matcha for August 5, 2020.
In today’s newsletter: How to promote your content, Endelman’s Brand Trust 2020 Report, blog of the week, Facebook’s ecommerce initiatives, and a new addition to Instagram Stories.
Get the weekly Morning Matcha by subscribing here.
CAREFUL: CONTENTS ARE HOT!
Introducing: “Promote” for Blog Creator
If you aren’t distributing your blog content, you’re missing out on a lot of new site visits from potential customers!
Matcha has made it easier to share your content directly to your organic social channels and email campaigns.
Learn more about the Blog Creator’s promote feature in our latest blog post!
WHAT WE’RE SIPPING
In Brand We Trust
It’s no surprise that social issues have become an increasingly hot topic.
Edelman’s Brand Trust in 2020 Report proves that consumers are turning to companies more than ever to be advocates for social change.
According to the report:
- 64% of U.S. respondents believe brands can be a powerful force for change, and that their wallet is their vote.
- 89% say they want brands to help people meet pandemic-related challenges, while a full 44% of these respondents say brands must do this to keep their trust.
- 64% say to keep their trust, brands must ensure that their organization is racially representative of the country a whole.
- 70% said trusting a brand today is more important to them than it was in the past. This is particularly true among the 18-34 age group.
WE LIKE IT A LATTE
Ecommerce Blog of the Week
Get inspired by this week’s ecommerce blog of the week! Ready to start writing your own inspiring content? Sign up for the Blog Creator free trial!
Blog Post of the Week: The New Normal: How Quarantine is Changing Men’s Grooming
Ecommerce Brand: Dr. Squatch
TL;DR: The team at Dr. Squatch definitely noticed changes in men’s personal grooming, shower, and hygiene routines during self-quarantine. They share their experiences and tips for quarantine grooming in this lighthearted piece.
Why we love it: We love this blog post for many reasons:
1) The helpfulness to their audience. Tips include the right way to give yourself a buzz cut, self-care for men to get you through tough times, and how to care for a new beard.
2) The team effort! At least four team members, including the CEO of Dr. Squatch, all contributed their advice and tips to the article.
3) The imagery and layout: The piece employs the use of quote blocks, still images, and funny gifs to help tell their story.
Need more inspiration?
Here’s 50 Ecommerce Blogs to Inspire your Content Marketing Strategy to put in your content marketing back pocket!
Which technology has Shopify made its exclusive “Buy Now, Pay Later” U.S. partner?
(Scroll to the bottom for the answer!)
In E-commerce News This Week:
- Facebook announced a specific eCommerce element within its startup accelerator program. This program will offer support and training to “innovative commerce startups” looking to improve the online experience.
- After the big tech hearing last week, prosecutors from New York and California are joining the FTC in their investigation of Amazon’s treatment of third-party sellers.
- Yesterday, Instagram announced the release of a wealth of new fonts and text styles for Instagram stories.
Miss the Summit? Catch the Replays!
Yesterday, we hosted 12 experts in the ecommerce industry for their talks on how businesses can compete effectively in an Amazon-dominated market.
The talks covered how to increase LTV, the future of ecommerce marketing tech, how to influence your wholesale org to invest in DTC, how to effectively own the direct relationship with the customer, and more!
Did you miss the summit? No worries. We saved the recordings for you and are hosting them here so you can watch them whenever is most convenient for you!
ECOMMERCE TRIVIA ANSWER
Two weeks ago the official partnership was announced. Shopify and Affirm are joining forces to power a new way for consumers to split up purchases without interest or fees.