Your Morning Matcha for October 7, 2020.
In today’s newsletter: Proven blog post templates, Pinterest’s search history report, grants for black-owned businesses, Instagram’s upcoming shopping features, and Square’s hoilday selling guide.
Get the weekly Morning Matcha by subscribing here.
CAREFUL: CONTENTS ARE HOT!
The 6 Proven Blog Post Templates for Ecommerce
Blogging can be an incredible tool for empowering the growth of your business, thanks to both its impact on driving qualified new traffic and its ability to educate and connect with your customer base.
This recent blog post explores the top six blog post types that are most impactful for achieving the goals of ecommerce businesses, from driving more traffic and sales to growing your brand and customer retention.
Learn more about how to leverage different blog post styles and access free fully editable templates to jumpstart your blogging here.
WHAT WE’RE SIPPING
Best Marketing Articles from Around the Web
Morning Brew recently curated a Marketing 101 collection from around the internet and across the years. The articles, as promised, are all engaging and devoid of the fluff to which many “marketing” articles fall victim.
Sorted by topic and category, this collection covers everything from the basics of marketing, brand, and strategy to marketing data, marketing ethics, and consumer behavior.
In Ecommerce News This Week
- Pinterest released a report of the trending topics for which people have been searching over the past 6 months. Here are just a few of the results: a 64% spike in searches for “positivity”, a 44% increase in “mindful eating”, and a 78% increase in searches for “home improvement projects.”
- Stitch Fix and Harlem’s Fashion Row will be supporting five Black-owned businesses with $25,000 checks, product-market fit advice, an 8-month mentorship program, and wholesale orders from Stitch Fix for each brand. Applications for these grants close Oct. 31st.
- Square launched its Guide to Holiday Selling in 2020, to help brands strategize on how to engage with customers this holiday season at a time when people are shopping online more than ever because of the pandemic
- Instagram announced plans to integrate shopping features into Reels and IGTV.
- More than 19,000 Amazon workers have contracted COVID-19 to date.
- New headless ecommerce platform, Swell, launched last week on Product Hunt.
A new rival to Black Friday is coming to retail. What will the event be called?
B) Big 10
C) Cyber November
(Scroll to the bottom for the answer!)
WE LIKE IT A LATTE
Ecommerce Blog of the Week
Get inspired by this week’s ecommerce blog of the week! Ready to start writing your own inspiring content? Sign up for the Blog Creator free trial!
Blog Inspiration of the Week: 10 Best Snacks for Endurance Training
Ecommerce Brand: Joolies
TL;DR: One of the biggest elements of proper endurance training is the food you choose to fuel it! In this post, Joolies dives into the healthiest foods to energize your workouts and aid your recovery.
Why we love it: Just because Joolies’ product line only contains medjool dates and date syrup doesn’t mean the only thing they can talk about is dried fruit! We love that this informative post capitalizes on a common usage occasion for their product, all while providing valuable intel for possible customers
Our top e-commerce resources this week!
Learn something new this week with our curated top reads.
- Holiday Marketing Roundup: 13 Resources for Ecommerce Stores
- How to Create an Active Community for Your Ecommerce Brand [Podcast]
- 7 Content Calendar Examples from Awesome Brands to Inspire Your Own
ECOMMERCE TRIVIA ANSWER
Many major retailers have committed to launching holiday sales early this year as a way to combat supply chain and shipping difficulties expected from the increasing online shopping caused by the pandemic this year. Taking place on October 10th, the name 10.10 is modeled after China’s 11.11, or Single’s Day, shopping holiday.