Your Morning Matcha for October 21, 2020.
In today’s newsletter: Comparing Shopify blogging apps, Amazon’s new data initiative, the YouTube marketplace, online sales growth, DTC marketing news, blog of the week, and more!
Get the weekly Morning Matcha by subscribing here.
CAREFUL: CONTENTS ARE HOT!
This vs. That: Shopify Blogging Apps
Let’s face it: the built-in Shopify blogging tool isn’t the best. Thankfully, there are a number of add-ons in the app store that can help make up for what Shopify is lacking–SEO optimization, formatting, analytics, conversion tools, and writing tips and content supply!
But with so many apps to choose from, how do you know which one is right for your brand? We took a deep dive into all of the Shopify blogging apps currently on the market, comparing their features, price points, and free trial lengths in our recent blog post.
In Ecommerce News This Week
- Amazon launched Amazon Shopper Panel, an opt-in, invitation-only program that allows consumers to get paid to share their non-Amazon receipts with Amazon. In other words: Amazon is paying consumers for more data collection.
- Google will reportedly be turning YouTube into a shopping destination, enabling customers to directly purchase items they see in product review videos, unboxing videos, etc.
- By the end of the year, U.S. ecommerce sales are expected to reach $794.5 billion, up 32.4% YoY. This is significantly higher than the 18% YoY growth rate predicted in eMarketer’s original Q2 forecast.
According to a September survey, approximately how far below the 2019 baseline is indoor mall attendance this year?
(Scroll to the bottom for the answer!)
WE LIKE IT A LATTE
Ecommerce Blog of the Week
Get inspired by this week’s ecommerce blog of the week! Ready to start writing your own inspiring content? Sign up for the Blog Creator free trial!
Blog Inspiration of the Week: Lesser Evil
Featured Article: 20 Fruits and Vegetables to Enjoy This Season
Why we love it:
Rated 5/5 stars on Best Ecommerce Blogs for content quality, variety, photography, and design, Lesser Evil’s blog shares the brand’s mission of “turning snack time into a mindful moment.”
While many CPG brand blogs focus on recipes featuring their products, the Lesser Evil blog expands their content into numerous topics like mindfulness, sustainability, and healthy recipes that don’t feature their product. This variety (and easy-to-navigate design) makes their blog a destination, not just an accessory. Check it out below!
Our top e-commerce resources this week!
Learn something new this week with our curated top reads.
- 29 Psychological Tricks To Make Consumers Buy More
- Facebook Custom Audiences 101: A Starter Guide for Ecommerce Businesses
- 6 Great Examples of Brands Using Content in Marketing Emails
ECOMMERCE TRIVIA ANSWER
A September 15th survey revealed 53% of consumers were still avoiding shopping centers. While the visit rate of shopping centers has been climbing, it is still 37% below 2019’s baseline. All signs point to more online shopping this holiday season than ever.